One of my favorite places in the world to visit is Brisbane, Australia. I love all of Australia. Heck, I love the whole world! But strange and amazing things always seem to happen when I go to Brisbane.
First time I played in Brisbane, a couple of people standing near the front of the crowd were naked after four or five songs. Naked. With each consecutive visit to Brisbane since, things have gotten progressively strange, naked and sexy. Brisbane’s brand of exotic nature (floral, faunal and human) mixed with my particular brand of exotic beats and lyrics from the other side of the globe seems to create some sort of weird, sexy vortex. I hope you’ll permit yourself to get sucked into it when I play the Black Bear Lodge there on October 24th. The fact that there’s something Lynchian about the name of the venue gives me a hunch that it could be a historically bonkers night. Alert your relatives. I’ll be performing new and old material and I have some surprises up my sleeve.
I always want to bring something extra-special to Brisbane because the city and surrounding-area always gives me something extra. I always make it a point to stay there for an extra day so that I can visit the local wildlife sanctuaries and frolic with the kangaroos, koalas and wombats. This visit is no different. I have the day off on the 25th. So here’s an idea - come to the show on the 24th, we’ll talk about a plan for the next day and then we’ll have a big group outing. We’ll take over. Maybe we’ll all have breakfast or lunch together. Or we’ll all go to the Lone Pine koala sanctuary together. Or we’ll shoot a music video. Or we’ll combine all of those things. Wanna?!
I think this upcoming visit will be my fourth or fifth time in Brisbane. Every time has been so weird and so memorable. I want this time to take the cake. Let’s make it happen together. Yeah? Bring your friends. I want to meet them. Bring your siblings.
By the way, what else should I do in Brisbane? I want to have a bunch of new experiences. I’m looking for tips! I’m looking for people to hang out with!
Whatever happens, I’ll be sure to take photos to share with everyone here.
- Holy crap! My new album comes out tomorrow! I’ll probably pop into a record store to see it sitting on the shelf. It’s always a nice thrill. I hope to see you there.
- I went to Detroit over the weekend. What a beautiful city. Geez. And Comerica Park sure is a great place to see a baseball game. The Tigers had their pants handed to them on Saturday, but I had a great time. And they won the division yesterday anyway, so it’s cool. I can’t wait to get back there.
- I bought a radar gun last Thursday. I’m going to use it to gauge my progress with my shoulder rehab going forward. My goal is to throw over 90 mph by the end of the year. I’ll be posting videos for you. The other day I threw 80 mph without too much effort, so I think I’m going to be able to get there. Last year, I could barely throw 60 mph.
- I’ve been working intensely on finishing my book. I’m crazy-close. At long last, the thing is finally almost done and dusted. As soon as it is, I should have some sort of official announcement for you. It’s coming!
- On Saturday night I had a weird/bad dream. I was in the house I grew up in. I was having a hard time breathing. Each breath was more and more difficult. It felt like the air was becoming thicker and taking a breath required all my strength. Each effort made me weaker. Knowing I was in trouble, I started to panic. I was frantic for help. I ran to the kitchen and found my mother there. I was surprised to see her because she died in 1999. I ran to her. Although I couldn’t breathe, I was able to speak.
“Mom! I can’t breathe! Please hold me.”
I didn’t ask for her help because I knew I was about to die.
As the orange light of sunset poured through the kitchen window, I fell into my mother’s arms and then everything went black.
A second later, I woke up. It took a while for me to compose myself before I could get back to sleep.
Why do I have dreams like this? Was it because I ate a chili dog at the ball game?
I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams lately.
I hope your Monday is/was a good one.